Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Brandy Ice - a recipe

My first wife Gail and I moved to Oklahoma City after I had graduated from the University of Arkansas with a M.S. degree in geology. My employment coincided with the Arab Oil Embargo of 1973. Amid long lines at filling stations across the U.S., oil companies had ramped up their drilling activity and I was hired as a young geologist.

Another Arab Oil Embargo occurred in 1978. When this happened, I quit my day job as an exploration geologist and opened my own office as a prospect. Like the job I had quit, my marriage with Gail was also over and I had little money (read none) in the bank. I did have an old Triumph TR4, a Triumph Bonneville 750, and a new relationship with a young woman named Carol.

Carol was blond, beautiful, and wild as hell. During my first six months as an independent geologist, I didn't sell a single prospect. Carol fed me, encouraged me, and lent me money. 

















1 pint Vanell ice cream
¼ cup dark Crème de Cocoa
1/3 cup brandy

Blend in blender until smooth then serve in a brandy snifter

Eric's Website

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...