Friday, February 5, 2010

The Wait is Over

My business partner and fellow writer r.r. bryan, is also from Louisiana. Yesterday, he told me something that both of us found hard to believe.

“Did you know they cancelled a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans?”

I didn’t know. Mardi Gras parades are never cancelled or postponed. They always go off on schedule, even in a driving New Orleans rainstorm. The cause of the cancellation – Saints mania.

Sunday marks the first Super Bowl appearance for the New Orleans Saints and the city is practically locked-down in anticipation. School is cancelled, jury trials put on hold and some restaurants closing for the first time ever for non-holiday events.

Sunday is a historic day in the Big Easy, a sports-happy city that has patiently awaited this even for more than four decades.

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...