Sunday, February 14, 2010

Year of the Tiger




I awoke this morning to a light dusting of snow, strange because it was nearly sixty degrees here in central Oklahoma. Maybe not so strange. Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year, the year of the Tiger.

It is also the last weekend of Mardi Gras, this Tuesday being Fat Tuesday, and it is also Valentine’s Day. The planets have seemed aligned in a unique way this year such as I have never witnessed.

I was in Houston this week at the North American Prospect Expo. South Texas was overcast and rainy, north central Texas in the midst of a record snowstorm. I took some eerie pictures as my friend Mickey and I drove through Dallas, and a foot of snow, on Friday.

Yes, things seem a little strange but it is the year of the tiger, so happy Chinese New Years, Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras – oh yes, and President’s Day. The weather can only get better. Can’t it?

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...