Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fresh Pumpkin Pie - a weekend recipe

Halloween, my favorite holiday is almost upon us and one of the reasons I love this time of year are the tasty pumpkin pies my Mother and Grandmothers used to make. Here is an old yet simple recipe that I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

1 ½ cups fresh pumpkin
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
¼ tsp salt

Combine ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for about 25 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream on top.

Louisiana Mystery Writer

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...