Sunday, November 1, 2009

Free Candy, Beautiful Weather and a Free Hour of Sleep




What a wonderful weekend. Friday was my birthday, Saturday was Halloween and last night we got an extra hour of sleep, thanks to Daylight Savings.

It’s a full moon tonight in central Oklahoma, temperatures reaching the mid-seventies. What an eventful weekend! Friday, I turned thirty-nine for the twenty-fourth time. Marilyn took me to Pepe’s for a chile relleno Friday night. Yesterday, we had gumbo at Pearl’s Graveside with good friend Debbie. Today, I watched NASCAR at Talladega with my Dad (on TV that is).

The radio disk jockey I listen to had it right: Free candy, beautiful weather and an extra hour of sleep – how can you beat it?




No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...