Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pecan Crusted Buttermilk Chicken Fingers - a weekend recipe

My mom and dad both lived in Vivian, Louisiana all their lives and were members of the Vivian Methodist Church. I found this recipe in a cookbook of recipes by the ladies at the church and this recipe caught my eye. Yum, I think I’ll try it!

Pecan Crusted Buttermilk Chicken Fingers

Ingredients
• 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
• 1 cup of all purpose flour
• 1 cup pecans, toasted and ground
• ¼ cup sesame seed
• 1 Tbsp. paprika
• ¾ tsp. salt
• 1/8 tsp. pepper
• 1 large egg, beaten lightly
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• Garnishes: lettuce, lemon slices

Preparation
Cut each chicken breast half into four strips. Combine next six ingredients and set aside. Combine egg and buttermilk. Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture and dredge in flour mixture. Pour butter into a 15” x 10” x 1” jellyroll pan. Add chicken, turning to coat. Bake at 375° for thirty minutes, drain. Garnish with lettuce and lemon slices. Yields 24 appetizer servings.

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...