Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Revolution

A rainy mid-April night in Edmond, Oklahoma, I noticed my cats staring into the house though the storm door. With full matted coats resulting from an extra-cold winter, they both seemed in need of a little maintenance. Grabbing my trusty scissors, I proceeded to try and remedy the situation.

Fang is not really my cat. He belongs to a family down the street. Still, he likes my Maine Coon Rouge. They are almost inseparable. When she comes to the front door, he is usually following her. I enjoyed sitting on the damp front porch tonight with the two kitties, watching their tails twitch a bit as I cut off several large hunks of dead hair.

Oh, and the two ducks that come every year about this time are here again, but living about a block west, near a little creek. I saw them during a walk the other evening, and again a few days later. Marilyn scoffed at me, saying “How do you know they are the same two ducks?”

I just know. It’s spring once again, and the world has made another full revolution.

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...