Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lily's Crab Balls - a weekend recipe

Lily, my former Chalmette mother-in-law, loved to cook and also loved to entertain. Here is an appetizer she liked to serve, and one I enjoyed eating.

Lily’s Crab Balls

Ingredients
• 14 oz. crabmeat
• 2 cups bread crumbs, dry
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
• 2 tablespoons onion, finely minced
• 1 tablespoon mustard, dry
• ½ cup white wine, dry
• 1 lb. bacon

Directions
remove shell and cartilage from crab meat. In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, bread crumbs, lemon juice, minced onion, mustard, and enough wine to moisten the mixture. Mix thoroughly and shape into quarter-sized balls. Wrap crabmeat balls in a half slice of bacon, covering crab mixture completely. Secure with toothpicks. Place in oven and broil for about 15 minutes, turning frequently, until bacon is crispy on all sides.

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...