Monday, December 14, 2009

A Bump in the Road

Oklahoma weather is nothing if not crazy. Yesterday, when I took my Dad to the lake, it was seventy-one degrees. Less than twenty-four hours later, it is twenty-three, soon to be seventeen. What’s going on here?

I had a drink with my business and writing partner r.r. Bryan tonight and he told me the first chapter of my new book Bones of Skeleton Creek sucks. Knowing that r.r. would never lie to me, I am already searching for a way to improve the situation.

Maybe he is right. Maybe the first chapter does suck. Okay, I will sleep on it. Criticism is always hard to take but, then again, none of us is perfect. I trust r.r. and if he says my first chapter sucks, well, it probably does. Tomorrow, I will try to fix it.

Louisiana Mystery Writer

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...