Friday, December 4, 2009

A Cold Friday Night in Edmond

The final week of November, this year felt more like early fall, flowers still blooming and butterflies still fluttering the day after Thanksgiving. That has all changed with the beginning of December.

Temperatures dropped into the low twenties last night, steady wind continuing to blow in from the north. My dogs seem to love it, romping more so than when the weather is warmer. My two pugs have a sunny spot where they like to lie when they tire of romping. Patch and Velvet have their own spots.

The cold weather is affecting my walking, making me less likely to do it, that is. Tomorrow is Saturday so maybe I’ll go a sporting goods store and see if I can find an insulated suit. If I don’t find one, I may have to postpone my walking until next spring.

Louisiana Mystery Writer

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...