Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dream Erotic - a reprise

I had a dream last night – a vivid dream. I was in a group of people, but I was alone. At least I did not have the feeling that I knew any of the minions around me. I was standing against a wall, observing the passing people, when someone approached me.

At first, I thought it was three females but soon it was only one.

“Hi, Eric. Long time no see,” she said.

She was a gorgeous young woman with frizzy black hair; she was wearing a very short dress that emphasized her curvy figure. I did not recognize her nor have a clue of her identity and began searching my mind for a glimmer of recognition. I could not find one.

“Have we met?” I finally asked.

She was still smiling when she answered, “You said you would never forget me.”

Her flashing eyes, dark as night, gazed directly into my brain. She was standing very close to me, invading my private space but I did not recoil. Her body was so warm that she lit a fire in my soul, heating my psyche almost to the point of boiling. I did not know her name but somehow felt as though I had known her forever.

“I’ve had a sudden attack of Alzheimer’s,” I said.

She moved closer to me, static electricity raising the hairs on my chest. I had raised my palm to halt her advance. Instead, I took her hand in mine and pulled her toward me until her body’s warmth began overloading my senses.

“I’m Esme,” she said.

Esme grasped my face and kissed me. Our embrace was slow, soft and sensual. I did not know this woman, but it did not matter. We were, at that moment, as close as any two individuals could ever be. She pulled away, but only to turn her back to me so that I could stroke her neck and let my hands trace a downward path.

I lifted the edge of her short dress stroking her legs and rear with my fingers. She turned her head toward me, reveling in my touch and then kissed me one last time before dissolving away like a smoldering flame.

I was still hot when I awoke, Esme’s beautiful eyes, and her cat-like smile imprinted on my brain. Even though I did not recognize her, I somehow felt that I had known her all my life. Maybe it was in another life or perhaps she is someone that lives in that dark and mysterious realm that is our dream world.

* * *
I recounted this story more than a year ago. It struck me when I read it again today that a beautiful woman named Esme is the primary female character in my new book Bones of Skeleton Creek. I didn’t initially call her Esme. Mena was the name I used. It soon came to me, how I do not know, that this person’s name is Esme and not Mena.

As in my dream, Esme is a mysterious woman, possibly even from a different dimension. Despite her mystical nature, she has the same dark hair and eyes of the woman in my dream. As in my dream, she is very real to me.

Gondwana

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...