Saturday, December 19, 2009

Eric's Green Pepper Stew

It’s mid-December, much of the month already cold and dreary. Glancing out my window this morning I realized today would bring much the same. With the temperature in the thirties, a chill wind whistling threw the shrubs and a darkly overcast sky it is a perfect day for weekend comfort food.

Here is a simple recipe that is sure to provide comfort for your gloomy weekend.

Green Pepper Stew

Ingredients
· 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
· 2 lbs. pork
· 2 tsp. salt
· 2 tbsp. oil
· 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
· ½ cup onion, diced
· 1 large garlic clove, minced
· 6-8 fresh roasted green peppers, skinned and de-seeded

Directions
Cube meat, sprinkle with salt and fry until brown in oil. Add potatoes to browned meat together with onion, garlic, salt, peppers and enough water to cover. Simmer for 1 ½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Serve with cheddar cheese and warm tortillas on the side.

Makes 6 servings

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...