Monday, March 29, 2010

The Tutster


King Tut was my first cat. He didn’t like me very much at first. Later, when I fed him every day, he changed his mind.

The Tutster was barely two years old when I began dating Anne. I remember him lying on the window sill, his big tail moving side to side as he indicated that he didn’t like me very much. I just kept petting him every chance I got.

Miss Anne and I married about two years after we met. She and the Tutster moved in with me and I began feeding the kitty. Yes, it made a big difference. Soon, Tut was my cat, I his human.

Kitties are strange animals. They like those that like them. Tut soon learned that I more than liked him, I loved him. He came to accept me slowly, but when he did, it was for ever.

Eric'sWeb

No comments:

Alcoholic Hazes - a short story

Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans in August 2005. My Louisiana parents were living with my wife Marilyn and me in Oklahoma. My mom had...